|Professional Development News|
Ready Made Lessons
In light of us going 1:1 at Piedmont, here is a great site with plenty of lessons on digital citizenship for your to reinforce with your students. If you want a subject-specific lesson, see Lisa Gurthie and she can run one or help you embed it into your curriculum.
Select from one of these 10 topics then choose intermediate level for middle school lessons.
1. Defining digital citizenshipPrimary | Intermediate | Secondary
2. Basic ICT skillsPrimary | Intermediate | Secondary
3. Online safety, privacy and sharing Primary | Intermediate | Secondary
4. Copyright, copyleft & plagiarism Primary | Intermediate | Secondary5. Online relationshipsPrimary | Intermediate | Secondary
6. Online researchPrimary | Intermediate | Secondary
7. Critical thinkingPrimary | Intermediate | Secondary
8. Honesty, integrity and ethical behaviourPrimary | Intermediate | Secondary
9. Developing portfoliosPrimary | Intermediate | Secondary
10. Promoting digital citizenshipPrimary | Intermediate | Secondary
More Digital Citizenship Resources:
The lesson 7th grade science uses to introduce Digital Citizenship with an emphasis on Website Assessment:
Click the image to go to a list of great resources on the internet and privacy.
I am Lisa Gurthie the PD facilitator at Piedmont IB Middle School. She specializes in tech and arts integration, interdisciplinary, holistic education, and unschooling school to make it more real and relevant. One day I will modernize my "about" page. Check out the other blogs on this site for Lesson Ideas, Celebration of Good Teaching, and Piedmont PD