Mrs. Newburger has purchased two Breakout Edu Lock sets for your use. See her to use them or gather your own boxes wtih locks. Anything that a lock can go through- even a 2 zippered pouch-can work.
How to Host an Educations Escape Room with Piedmont's Breakout EDU boxes:
1. Choose a breakout setup and lesson plan or or create your own:
Follow these steps with students:
1. Tell the class the goal is to Breakout of the locks using clues and academic content. Explain hint cards and QR codes or other features of your specific breakout as needed.
2. Show a motivational video to kick off the breakout if your Breakout has a single theme.
3. Students begin according to the video or your handout. Use a timer with suspenseful music if desired
4. Allow students to work through the clues according to your goals. Teambuilding, content mastery, etc.
5. offer Hint cards if needed
6. Use Reflection cards (they come with the box) or create your own personalized Exit tickets
7. Offer a reward for successful breakout - it could be food, trinkets, time or other reward.
After the Breakout
Complete and return theinventory sheet and Breakout Edu boxes
Breakout Edu in Math video
I am Lisa Gurthie the PD facilitator at Piedmont IB Middle School. She specializes in tech and arts integration, interdisciplinary, holistic education, and unschooling school to make it more real and relevant. One day I will modernize my "about" page. Check out the other blogs on this site for Lesson Ideas, Celebration of Good Teaching, and Piedmont PD